Thursday 3 July 2014

REVIEW: bareminerals starter kit

Hey everyone,

So I bought the customisable Bareminerals starter kit and so I thought I would review it for you :) the kit was £50

Okay so this is the overall kit and this is what you get. So I will go over each and every item but first of all I'd like to put out there that the reason the kit is customisable is that you get to choose your foundation whether that be mineral or compact, you get to choose which one you'd prefer :)

This is the bareminerals face primer. It's a sample size. I don't like it and I don't dislike it, I can't really work it out. I feel like you need to use quite alot of it to actually know it's there. I wouldn't repurchase this I don't think. 


I decided on the compact foundation because I liked the packaging the most on the compact and so I got it :) the actual product itself is amazing and I love it a lot, for someone who needs really high coverage I wouldn't say this was for you because even though the coverage is good it doesn't cover up all my blemishes so it just depends what you're looking for. I love wearing this foundation when I'm having a natural day because it just looks and feels amazing on my skin. I just really regret buying the compact because I waste a lot whereas if you have any left and have the pot version then you can just put it back in. Overall though  I would recommend it :) especially seeing as this Is a full size product:)

Warmth is a facial colourant and it just makes your skin look so good. I love this product! I will definitely repurchase this. I love the colour of it and I just love everything about it! 

Mineral veil is a setting power which goes over the foundation and warmth. Acting as a primer on top of your makeup. A very good product. Lightweight, translucent and only a small amount needed. I love this product. 

And last but not least you get three brushes included in the kit. You get the full flawless brush, the flawless brush and the max coverage concealer brush. 

Ffb- very full brush I love it! You only need a small amount of product with this brush as it applys so smoothly :) this is to be used with the foundation and the mineral veil. 

Fb- this brush is for the warmth and is a very good brush. I like It a lot, it's just like the Ffb but isn't as full and doesn't apply too much product which is a good thing when applying warmth because it's very easy to look like you've rolled In mud, which means it'll last a long time as you don't need a lot. 

Mcc- very good concealer brush. The foundation can also work as a concealer when used with this brush. Lovely product and will use always. Worth the buy individually. 


The kit also included a 'how-to' leaflet and a 'how-to' DVD which I thought was brilliant. 

Overall, I think that if you are interested in bareminerals I definitely think you should give this kit a try. And it's at such a good price! If you bought these products individually then it would cost you double.

Hope you enjoyed and comment if there's anything else you want me to try or review 

Lots of love,

Devon xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment